Invest Cyprus (CIPA) is the Investment Authority of the Government of Cyprus and has a threefold mandate: promoting Cyprus as an attractive investment location, facilitating and advocating for foreign investments, and continuously enhancing the investment environment. We are seeking a highly capable and motivated Deputy Director General to join our team and support the CEO in driving the organization's strategic objectives.
As the Deputy Director General, you will play a crucial role in collaborating with the CEO to plan, organize, lead, and control the organization's activities. You will have oversight of various units, supervise specific areas, and manage special projects. In addition, you will act as a key representative of Invest Cyprus, fostering relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and contributing to the continuous development and success of the organization.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the CEO to coordinate work across all units, ensuring effective communication and alignment with organizational goals.
- Foster strategic partnerships and collaborations with key stakeholders to attract international companies to Cyprus.
- Manage organizational resources effectively, including systems, processes, and human capital, to ensure seamless workflow and project progress.
- Collaborate with international organizations to formulate and execute strategies aimed at generating leads for investment attraction, leveraging research-driven target selection and proactive marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with potential investors, providing facilitation and support throughout their investment decision-making processes to secure new investments in Cyprus.
- Contribute to local and international media communication efforts, including articles, interviews, and public relations activities, to promote Cyprus as an attractive business and investment destination.
- Provide strategic recommendations and proposals to the Government of Cyprus to further enhance the investment environment and attract foreign investments.
- Represent Cyprus in relevant industry associations and advocate for the growth and development of the investment funds industry.
- Champion entrepreneurship and the start-up/innovation ecosystem in Cyprus, fostering relationships with incubators and stakeholders to attract investment and support the growth of this sector.
- Develop and implement initiatives to attract foreign direct investment (FDI) and promote Cyprus as a favorable investment destination.
- Monitor and analyze economic indicators, industry trends, and policy developments that may impact investment activities in Cyprus.
- Collaborate with relevant government agencies and ministries to streamline bureaucratic processes and improve the ease of doing business in Cyprus.
- Continuously build and update a comprehensive database of potential investors, maintaining accurate records and tracking engagement activities.
- Provide high-quality professional advice and assistance regarding market entry and partnerships between Cyprus and multinational companies.
- Support the CEO and the Board in managing matters of high political interest and public visibility, addressing sensitive issues that impact the community, industry, economy, and environment.
- Undertake any additional tasks or assignments as delegated by the CEO to support the organization's overall objectives.
1. Job Specifications (key qualifications and experience of the job incumbent):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum 7 years of proven track record in a senior leadership role, preferably in investment promotion, business development, or a related field. Familiarity with the investment landscape, economic development, and global market trends is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of investment practices, international business, and economic development trends.
- Excellent command of Greek and English, both written and verbal; additional language skills are advantageous.
- Proficient in using MS Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Familiarity with the investment landscape and industry sectors relevant to Cyprus.
2. Person Specifications (key skills & abilities):
- Strategic Thinking: Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills to assess investment opportunities, identify market trends, and develop effective investment promotion strategies.
- Leadership: Proven leadership abilities with the capacity to inspire and motivate a team, foster collaboration, and manage multiple stakeholders effectively.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. Strong negotiation and persuasion skills to engage with potential investors, government officials, and key stakeholders.
- International Perspective: Global mindset and experience working in an international context, with an understanding of cultural sensitivities and the ability to navigate diverse business environments. Knowledge of foreign investment regulations, international business practices, and investment trends is advantageous.
- Networking and Relationship Building: Strong networking abilities to build and maintain relationships with investors, industry leaders, government officials, and other key stakeholders. Proven track record in developing and managing strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Problem-Solving: Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify issues, develop practical solutions, and drive initiatives forward. Demonstrated ability to handle complex situations and make sound judgments under pressure.
- Adaptability: Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic and evolving environment. Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, embrace change, and respond effectively to shifting priorities and emerging challenges.
- Ethics and Integrity: High ethical standards and integrity, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining confidentiality, and acting in the best interests of the organization and Cyprus.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with your skills and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their comprehensive CV, to email@example.com.
Please include ''Deputy Director General'' in the email subject line. The deadline for applications is August 21st, 2023.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation and interview.
As part of the selection process, successful candidates will be requested to provide copies of their educational certificates and relevant qualifications.